Detect sound of tapping with solenoid

Hi… everyone

I have an problem with detect sound of tapping the fruit for detect firmness of fruit. I used solenoid motor pull and push mode to tapping a fruit. The problem is my sensor not just sensing sound of tapping, also sensing sound of motor. I used ADMP401 sensor and arduino uno to processing it.
Anyone have ideas ?

many thanks …

Get a silent motor.

Might try a different kind of sensor. I have used these with good luck.

Also if possible insulate the motor from making sound in the direction of the sensor.

wvmarle:
Get a silent motor.

I also think about that

but i can't found silent motor, any suggest ?

Brandan34:
Might try a different kind of sensor. I have used these with good luck.
2 Pcs Microphone Sensor High Sensitivity Sound Detection Module for Arduino for sale online | eBay

Also if possible insulate the motor from making sound in the direction of the sensor.

the problem is not sensor , but sound sampling of sensor.
I need sensor for sampling sound when fruit tapped. but my sensor also sampling sound of motor.

any ideas ?

So the problem clearly is that you need an audio processor, which in general, an Arduino is not.

Paul__B:
So the problem clearly is that you need an audio processor, which in general, an Arduino is not.

so arduino can't processing exactly sound of tapping fruit with sound sensor ? .

Arduinos (and microcontrollers in general) are not suitable for high-end sound processing. A bit of frequency analyses, some volume analyses, that’s about it.

If you need more advanced sound analyses for your fruit sound, you need a more powerful microprocessor.