Detect string plucking in an electric bass guitar

Anyone knows any idea on how can I detect a string plucking of an electric bass guitar with an Arduino (possibly using the pickup signal) ?!

Thanks in advance ! ;)

Take the output and run it into a comparator - when it exceeds some level, a string has been plucked, and the comparator output will change. See the LM358 Vin vs 3.3V level comparator on an Uno schematic. Use a potentiometer to set the level to compare against.

CrossRoads: Take the output and run it into a comparator - when it exceeds some level, a string has been plucked, and the comparator output will change. See the LM358 Vin vs 3.3V level comparator on an Uno schematic. Use a potentiometer to set the level to compare against.

I've already tried that approach, the problem is the constant vibration of the string will keep triggering the comparator... I need to know the exact moment the string was plucked and distinguish that from other vibrations caused by the string being played...

Set the compare level higher. Failing that, start filtering the output, high pass filter, presumably the initial pluck will have some higher frequency content than steady state, let that thru to trigger the comparator.