Detecting Bluetooth & WiFi devices

What would be best way to get some sort of id address (MAC-address?) of Bluetooth and WiFi device when it comes so near that Arduino can see it?

Are there cheap shields or whateva which adds bluetooth/wifi to Arduino?

I have Arduino Pro/Uno/... boards.

I know how to do everything else except bluetooth/wifi stuff.

So basically Arduino monitors bluetooth and wifi and when device with bluetooth or wifi turned on comes nearby then Arduino logs to text file MAC-address (or some other id which identifies device) with time stamp.

Thanks

Go and get a Raspberry Pi 3. It has everything you need on board and the whole WiFi/Bluetooth stuff is easier to handle.

pylon:
Go and get a Raspberry Pi 3. It has everything you need on board and the whole WiFi/Bluetooth stuff is easier to handle.

I did consider it but i would like to use my left over Arduino boards and other parts to do this so it's cheaper. Thanks.

IvonneBenett:
I did consider it but i would like to use my left over Arduino boards and other parts to do this so it's cheaper. Thanks.

Only cheaper if it works ?

IvonneBenett:
I did consider it but i would like to use my left over Arduino boards and other parts to do this so it's cheaper.

It will cost you more to use your Arduino and add the extra parts than to buy a Pi 3.

I’m not sure that this sort of information will be visible until some sort of connection/pairing process has taken place.

Ian.

pylon:

If I'm not incorrect. This must be esp32 with Wifi and Bluetooth also. Of course, it will be too good price as the same as esp8266. Hope that it will make a hot trend like predecessor before.

ian332isport:
I'm not sure that this sort of information will be visible until some sort of connection/pairing process has taken place.

I hope this info is available. In desktop computers if i turn WiFi on, i can see all sorts of information about nearby WiFi devices without pairing.

dgi52:
If I'm not incorrect. This must be esp32 with Wifi and Bluetooth also. Of course, it will be too good price as the same as esp8266. Hope that it will make a hot trend like predecessor before.

But you are incorrect.

IvonneBenett:
I hope this info is available. In desktop computers if i turn WiFi on, i can see all sorts of information about nearby WiFi devices without pairing.

Yes but that is not the case with Bluetooth.

Grumpy_Mike:
But you are incorrect.
Yes but that is not the case with Bluetooth.

Thanks. Is there anyway to identify bluetooth device (phone or tablet) when it comes nearby without pairing first?

Hackers/reverseengineers surely have some unix app which can see some kind of id??

You can see the ID of the Bluetooth device if it's configured to be visible. A device that just listens for other devices won't be seen by your scanner. If you control the devices that come into range, you can make all of them visible (uses more power), if you don't it's probably better not to scan them anyway. OK, I'm European so privacy is a concern for me (fellow Americans may think differently about that).

Hi.
I solve a similar problem.
As seen in the Finder Arduino Bluetooth?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Tracer-Finder-Bluetooth-Pet-Child-GPS-Locator-Tag-Alarm-Wallet-Key-Tracker-/262725261235?hash=item3d2ba557b3:g:qcoAAOSwo4pYMAPH