Detecting Due, Yun etc.

I maintain a library of Arduino code for sending/receiving/decoding IR signals. At times I need to detect which hardware platform I'm using so that I know things like the availability of hardware timers, interrupts etc. Typically I use conditional compiles such as

#if defined(AVR_ATmega32U4)

for example I presume this is a Leonardo or compatible platform. Which values if any should I check when detecting Arduino Due or Arduino Yun. Note I've never used either of those platforms so I realize it's a bit tricky to support them without any hardware to actually test but there are certain things I can implement just based on documentation. Therefore I'd like to support them in my library if I knew how to detect them.

When compiling for the Due, ARDUINO_SAM_DUE is defined.

The avr part of the you is just a leonardo.

Mark

There are two ways to find an identifier (define) that is always defined to specify the board being used.

1. In the IDE, turn on verbose output during compilation (File | Preference}, select the board your interested in, and using a basic sketch hit the compile button (not the upload). You can do this even if you don't have the board. You can then look at the avr-g++ command line for text that starts like this -DARDUINO_???? This is the define you can use in you code to conditionally execute code for that particular board.

or option

1. Open up the boards.txt file for your arduino installation (../arduino-1.5.6-r2/hardware/avr/boards.txt or ../arduino-1.5.6-r2/hardware/sam/boards.txt) and search for the definition of the board you are interested in. For the YUN it looks like this:
##############################################################

yun.name=Arduino Yún
yun.upload.via_ssh=true

yun.vid.0=0x2341
yun.pid.0=0x0041
yun.vid.1=0x2341
yun.pid.1=0x8041
yun.upload.tool=avrdude
yun.upload.protocol=avr109
yun.upload.maximum_size=28672
yun.upload.maximum_data_size=2560
yun.upload.speed=57600
yun.upload.disable_flushing=true
yun.upload.use_1200bps_touch=true
yun.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true

yun.bootloader.tool=avrdude
yun.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff
yun.bootloader.high_fuses=0xd8
yun.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xfb
yun.bootloader.file=caterina/Caterina-Yun.hex
yun.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
yun.bootloader.lock_bits=0x2F

yun.build.mcu=atmega32u4
yun.build.f_cpu=16000000L
yun.build.vid=0x2341
yun.build.pid=0x8041
yun.build.usb_product="Arduino Yun"
yun.build.board=AVR_YUN
yun.build.core=arduino
yun.build.variant=yun
yun.build.extra_flags={build.usb_flags}

In this file you look for the ???.build.board= line and append the value to ARDUINO_

So for the YUN, you would use #if defined(ARDUINO_AVR_YUN) and for the DUE you would use #if defined(ARDUINO_SAM_DUE)

How can i flash a .hex file on Arduino Due board?
I have downloaded AVRdudes GUI but ATSAM3x is not there.? Is there any similar tool for flashing ATSAM processors?

Please help