detecting if a wire is in a pin.

To discharge fully have a resistor across the LED, the discharge will then have two distinct phases with two shapes to the curve. Send the results to the serial plotter and see them graphed out.

grumpy what do you mean across the led? you mean throw the resistor in series with the led?

and for the plotter i tried compiling code from here....https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Graph

and i got an error code "avr-g++: error: missing filename after '-o'"

"Across" === "parallel".

"In front of" or "before" or maybe even "after" could be taken to mean "series".

The serial plotter is now a component of the Arduino IDE. It comes just under Serial Monitor. Unfortunately it seems that the documentation hasn't kept up to date so you just have to experiment with it. So far, it seems comma-seperated values will be plotted as different coloured lines.

is there a solution for the error though?

and for the plotter i tried compiling code from here....https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Graph

What code?
There is lots of code on that page and lots of links to code off it. Only a tiny piece of that code is for an Arduino. Post what you are trying to compile.

Grieva:
is there a solution for the error though?

You were told:-

MorganS:
The serial plotter is now a component of the Arduino IDE. It comes just under Serial Monitor.

If you don't understand what you are told then you have to ask not ignore it.

that isnt the error i was reffering to.

i have an error for any sketch and any board uploading...

Arduino: 1.6.6 Hourly Build 2015/09/25 01:43 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

avr-g++: error: missing filename after '-o'

exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

i cant do anything. i reinstalled arduino too.

ignore that i simply updated and it works now. i used the serial plotter and can see it go up and down but when i charge it it simply just dropped out of my usb. meaning the port is unusable until i reinsert the usb cable. So...i cant see the voltage raise. i managed to fix that and went bare but when i hit the charge the plotter just stops.

nvm the error is back.

Arduino: 1.6.6 Hourly Build 2015/09/25 01:43 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

avr-g++: error: missing filename after '-o'

exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

I cant upload any sketches for this.

so me being the idiot forgot i installed 2 different arduinos. i uninstalled both ensure no other arduino ides and reinstalled the 1.6.7 version and boom it appears to be working.

i put in a basic volt reader on pin A0. but again when i try to charge the capacitor my usb port disconnects and the plotter stops.

So i fixed that by adding a resistor between the - cap and ground. it resolved it and i was able to watch the voltage drop.

But...now can you change the color of it for readability. like make it black and the lines blue/green. I also tried putting in 2 more volt readers. but i only see 1 line and its on a0. i got sensors on a0-a1-a2

i went to a different route a bit and went with processing.ide. i got a script for a graph and i produced this from 0-25V.

you can adjust this near the bottom of the script(found here - https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Graph)

inByte = map(inByte, 0, 1023, 0, height);

change to this

inByte = map(inByte, 0, 25, 0, height);

question is. how can i add multiple graphs to show multiple sensors.

charged.png