Detection Connect or Not Analog Port code (Need Help)

Hello all

please help me

i want detect analog port of arduino Connect or Not
can it happen? please help me :frowning:
can you give me the example code?

Hello :slight_smile:

What do you mean "active or not"?

aneukayah:
can you give me the example code?

The Arduino IDE includes half a dozen example sketches showing how to access analog inputs. Have you looked at any of them?

guix:

What do you mean “active or not”?

like available or not available, ON or OFF,

aneukayah:

guix:

Same question, what do you mean by 'available'? To make any sense, you would need to explain in electrical terms. Are you trying to measure a voltage?

aneukayah:

guix:

Analogue ports do not return ON/OFF values, they return an integer between zero and 1023. Can you describe what you want in terms of those numbers or would you be better off using digitalRead() which returns either a HIGH (5V) or LOW (0V) value with no intermediate values ?

What is it that you want to do with the ON/OFF state and what device is the analogue pin connected to ?

Looking at your first posting you may be wanting to know whether an analogue pin is in use but I can't think why as this is controlled by your program so you will know.

UKHeliBob:

aneukayah:

guix:

Analogue ports do not return ON/OFF values, they return an integer between zero and 1023. Can you describe what you want in terms of those numbers or would you be better off using digitalRead() which returns either a HIGH (5V) or LOW (0V) value with no intermediate values ?

What is it that you want to do with the ON/OFF state and what device is the analogue pin connected to ?

Looking at your first posting you may be wanting to know whether an analogue pin is in use but I can't think why as this is controlled by your program so you will know.

PeterH:

aneukayah:

guix:

Same question, what do you mean by 'available'? To make any sense, you would need to explain in electrical terms. Are you trying to measure a voltage?

I'm sorry my english is so bad and you are can't understand what i mean,

I mean in arduino uno we get some analog pins ranging from a0 to a5,
I want to detect whether the pin a0 a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 connected or not,
if it's connected his next command can only be executed and if not then have to repeat the previous command to detect whether the pin is connected

i hope you can understand and can help me,
:slight_smile:
thx

Connected to what?

Basically no you can't detect if anything is connected to an analogue pin.
With nothing connected you get random values as the input floats. This is indistingushable from the values you could get with a voltage connected.

However if the something has a low impedance you could try enabling the internal pull up resistor and measuring the input. You will get 1023 if nothing is connected. Then disabling it and making the bit an output and setting it to a logic zero. Then reading the input again. If it then reads zero the odds are that it is not connected to anything.

Grumpy_Mike:
Basically no you can't detect if anything is connected to an analogue pin.
With nothing connected you get random values as the input floats. This is indistingushable from the values you could get with a voltage connected.

However if the something has a low impedance you could try enabling the internal pull up resistor and measuring the input. You will get 1023 if nothing is connected. Then disabling it and making the bit an output and setting it to a logic zero. Then reading the input again. If it then reads zero the odds are that it is not connected to anything.

can you give me example code and circuit schematics?

can you give me example code and circuit schematics?

There is no schematic.
You do not say what you want to optionally connect so untill you do and it is sutiable for this technique then writing code especially for you would be a waste of time.