/dev/tty/ACM0 no device found -- Ubuntu Linux, arduino due

Hi all. I’m completely new to the Arduino community. I just got my arduino due Sunday. I dont know if I might have accidentally fried the board or what. But i’m having a lot of trouble.

At first the L light would blink, which I think is normal. But i tried uploading a sketch to control a servo and I think that might be when I messed up. Now the L light just stays solid.

First, I have to start by saying I was inadvertantly using an AC 9v, 1A powersuppl plugged directly into the power plug on the arduino. I dont know if that might have friend some circuits or not.

Secondly, I read somewhere that you have to hold the ‘erase’ button in between uploadinng sketches, and I tried that at some point, so I also wonder if I may have erased any bootloader (unsure of this tho).

I finally found a DC 9v 1A supply that I’m using now, but it seems the board mucks up when it’s plugged in.

Anyway, now, when I tried to connect via the Native USB the device shows up under /dev/tty/ACM0 for a couple seconds, then disappears. I can ‘get board info’ as long as the device shows up but once it disappears, obviously I can’t get any board info.

I can try to connect via the Serial USB port, but sometimes i get the ‘No device found on ttyACM0’ error message after trying to upload and sometimes i get a weird generic ‘an error occurred while uploadinng to the sketch’ message. I’m including tracebacks from both of those situations.

It seems that when I connect the power supply via the power port, that’s when things go downhill, but the usb connection alone is rarely enough to keep the board powered long enough to even upload a sketch.

I’m pretty worried that I somehow fried my board. Any help is appreciated.

Attached are a couple tracebacks – one from where i just get the ‘no device found on ttyACM0’ error and one from where it looks like it actually started uplaodinng the sketch.

almosttworked.txt (27 KB)

nodice.txt (54 KB)

I have to start by saying I was inadvertantly using an AC 9v

This may be the reason why your board don't work anymore, it can't be powered with a negative voltage.

There is a simple test to see whether your board is faulty or not:

Don't connect anything to your board except the USB cable close to the power jack, push the erase button for 3 seconds then the Reset button for 3 seconds, then select Arduino DUE Programming Port and a correct COM port, unplug/plug the USB cable on the PC side until a correct COM port shows up in Menu>Tools>Com Port

Finally upload the basic blink sketch given in Menu>File>Examples>Basic.

Thanks for the reply!

I think I may have already tried something like that, but I'll make sure I get the 3 second threshold when i get home today.

Assuming I mucked it up, is there an easy way to repair it? Or is it easier/simpler just to buy a new one ?

Thanks again for reply

Assuming I mucked it up, is there an easy way to repair it? Or is it easier/simpler just to buy a new one ?

I bet for the second option since, at least, the voltage regulator is probably out of order.

DUE boards can be found for ~ $15.

Sorry, just now been able to catch up on this post!

I haven't seen any cheaper than $38, and I think I paid like $49 for mine :O. Where do you find Due's for that cheap at? I usually use Amazon or check the shopping tab on Google

Thanks for the advice, btw. Much appreciated.

sloshjegs:
Sorry, just now been able to catch up on this post!

I haven't seen any cheaper than $38, and I think I paid like $49 for mine :O. Where do you find Due's for that cheap at? I usually use Amazon or check the shopping tab on Google

Thanks for the advice, btw. Much appreciated.

I'd check eBay.