Develop a graphic IDE like ardublock or Krobot

I want to make a custom graphic coding IDE for children who want to learn arduino, I think these IDE like ardublock still not good enough need some optimize at interface. What tool I should use and learn? I know this is a very tough work, but I really want to try and make it. :slight_smile:
By the way if I use engine like godot then nothing can better than this :smiley:

By the way if I use engine like godot then nothing can better than this

You seem to have chosen a solution and are now looking for a problem.

IMHO, you could use ArduBlock as the base and then make modules.
each module would be designed to mimic an actual C++ program and it should be easy to jump between modules.

since most programs follow the basic steps

• read the inputs
  • perform logic
  • perform output

it would seem that writing the lesson is the harder part
making a manual that would have someone walk through the steps needed to blink an LED
then read a switch
then show how to use the switch to blink the LED....

with a good and clear to understand (no industry terms) then as they say, a child could do it.

yikescloud:
I want to make a custom graphic coding IDE for children who want to learn arduino, I think these IDE like ardublock still not good enough need some optimize at interface. What tool I should use and learn?

Why not make a fork of Ardublock and improve it as you think appropriate?

To my mind the big challenge will be the design of the interface - not what it looks like, but what it can and cannot do.

I'm not convinced that interested children find it difficult to learn conventional programming languages. I suspect they will learn it quicker than an adult.

If your objective is to create a system that appeals to kids who are not really interested in programming then it seems to me important to focus on tools that are specifically relevant to the sorts of thing they are interested in. However I suspect that would mean that the tools are very limited compared to the full scope of what is possible with an Arduino when programming it with C/C++. There is a great risk that the tools are so limited that they really only produce one or two types of project - which raises the question of why not just give them the finished product.

...R