Device signature 0x000000

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

This error is starting to get on my nerves. Not just with ATmega32, but also with atmega328p and attiny chip.

Last discussed topic: Issues with atmega32 chip. - Avrdude, stk500, Bootloader issues - Arduino Forum

Can you guys at least provide me a step by step solution to get this f-ing error gone forever?

I only use a blink sketch to check if this work. Even regardless of what capacitor and clock I used like 1uf capacitor or internal 1mhz, 0.1uf, or 10uf, plus all hooked up correctly, mos0 goes to mos0, reset goes to reset, sck goes to sck and same mos1.

Ask any questions and i'll explain in detail, because I need that error resolved forever.

Buy a real programmer. USBasp or USBtinyisp are cheap and work much better than Arduino as Isp for me.
If you get a USBasp with 10 pin cable, make sure you also order a 10 pin to 6pin converter.

I'll try but I can't find a good way to add atmega32(USBasp I have for) to arduino hardware board, I tried to copy and paste under avr/varients/mega32 but the board has not appeared in the tools>boards.

Go here and scroll down to How to Install.
Works great for the atmega16 and 32 that I tried.

Got in the mega32 to boards. But now i’ve used usbasp, it doesn’t work, I also did same with arduino as ISP and this f-ing digital signature error is still there.

Do you have your chip set up at least per the minimal-setup?

USbasp may need the slow SCK shorted for factory chips without bootloader.

https://tosiek.pl/usbasp-v2-0-warning-cannot-set-sck-period/

So far, I plugged in usbasp, went to cmd and said

avrdude -c usbasp -p m32

It does say "Cannot set SCK period. Check usbasp for filmware updates(Which I did update 1.2.4.0). Double check for connections.".

When I first time tried it, it did work, but not anymore. This is a hell complicated issue.

Is this a chip that you have boot loaded at least once and if so did you select an external crystal?
If so you need one in order program the chip again.

if it is still a factory chip chip, the shorting of the JP3 will usually do the trick.

$ avrdude -cusbasp -pm32

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9502 (probably m32)

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (E:FF, H:D6, L:BF)

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Removed crystal.

$ avrdude -cusbasp -pm32

avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1 
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.