DF-Bluetooth module

Stuff: arduino Duemilanove DF-Bluetooth module 3 axis accelerometer Mac OS X 10.6.1

Has anyone actually got a DF-Bluetooth module by DFROBOT to work? I cant find any evidence on the internet about anyone actually getting it to work the way they want, im trying to get it to work with a arduino Duemilanove to send incoming messages from the accelerometer, it works fine via the usb cable. I can find the device and connect to the module but only for a short while and cannot get it to send or recieve any data, also do you have to use the dongle that comes with it or can it just connect straight to the mac? Thanks

got a link to the device?

http://www.robotshop.ca/dfrobot-serial-bluetooth-module-2.html

and a manual/datasheet :D

the link for the manual has disappeared but this is off my copy

Introduction:

This DF-Bluetooth module offers an affordable way to let your microcontroller talk to your Bluetooth devices such as Bluetooth mobile phones, laptop, and Bluetooth adapter. The Bluetooth module provides TTL level UART interface which is supported by almost every microcontroller in the market. It is also designed to be compatible with most popular Arduino controller. Simply plug into Arduino IO Expansion Shield, a Bluetooth Arduino is ready to use.

Specification: 1. Chips: CSR BC417143 2. Bluetooth Protocol: Bluetooth Specification v2.0 +EDR 3. Working Frequency: 2.4-2.48GHz unlicensed ISM Band 4. Modulation Mode: GFSK (Gaussian Frequency Shift Keying) 5. Power: [ch8804]4dBm, Class 2 6. Transmission Distance: 20-30 in free space 7. Sensitivity: [ch8804]-84 dBm at 0.1% BER 8. Transmission rate: Asynchronous: 2.1 Mbps (Max)/160 kbps; Synchronous: 1Mbps/1Mbps 9. Security: Authentication and encryption 10. Support profiles: Bluetooth serial port 11. LED indicator: LINK 12. Power Supply: +3.5V-+8V DC/50 mA 13. Working Temperature: -20°C-+55°C 14. Dimension: 43x19.3x11mm 15. Default serial setting: 115200/N/8/1 16. Default Pairing Code: 0000

[u]Pin Definition[/u] GND GND VCC 3.5-8V DC RST Reset RXD RX (TTL Level) TXD TX (TTL Level) D- Not in use D+ Not in use PCM Not in use SPI Not in use

how have you got the RX/TX pins connected, might be worth switching them if its not clear in the manual? And as it comes with a dongle I would try that, they don't tend to give kit away for no good reason :) I'd also check for the manual for the dongle, make sure that you have set the baud rate to 115200 in the dongles serial port settings too.

It's going to go through a routine, paring first = connected via bluetooth, baud rate + other settings = able to communicate via serial, your code = connected via serial and then sending serial data.

I can't be much more help than that, i've got a bluetooth serial slave module coming in the next couple of days, from seeed studio though, I'm guessing I'll have to do similar things to start talking to it :) although I have non arduino plans for mine, hopefully its going to make my motorised telescope mount wireless :)

Ive got it working perfectly with max 5 and through terminal so its good times, it still doesnt work through the serial monitor of the arduino IDE but not bothered about that, oh and by the way I did have the RX TX going the wrong way round, oops

glad to see you got it working, bit of a shame the IDE serial monitor is messing around though. keep this thread updated if you ever manage to get it working with the ide. I'll let you know how things go with my slave unit when it gets here. If the slave goes OK I'll end up getting a master unit too then my arduinos and PC can start their own hive.....

Reggie - did you get the Seeed device working yet?

I bought the Serial port bluetooth module (Master/Slave) unit and am having trouble with it.

Apparently the master/slave version needs to be programmed first and I'm getting stuck. Seeing weird echoes back when trying to connect via serial hardline.

Hi, I bought the slave only module and it seems to be working fine, at the moment though none of my projects are further than 1m away from me so I haven’t used the unit in a while.

Mine was very simple to setup, but it appears that they have now stopped selling the slave only unit, looking at the datasheet for the slave/master module its got a lot more features than the old module, it looks like they actually got around to writing a better firmware that allows breaks out more of the serial related pins.

Sorry I can’t be of much help.

regards,
Reggie.

Hello, I bought similar BT master http://www.emartee.com/product/41356/Serial-Port-Bluetooth-Module-With-Baseboard-%28Master%29 . It looks the same, but I have problem with it. I connect it to arduino, pins 0&1, so i can communicate with BT module via terminal. If I send AT, it returns OK. So far so good. But When i send AT+INQ=1 it returns OK+UNFOUND. What am I missing? Can you post some code? I even installed Bluesolei, tried mobile phone and computer BT... I can't change the BT module name either.

I finally got it working: http://picasaweb.google.com/Cellbots/BluetoothModule#

The soldering was quite hard but all is well now. I'm not sure why you are getting a bad response. I never actually typed in "AT" when I sent commands from Hyperterminal.