DFPlayer reset if speaker is connected ! help

I have good linear power supply with 5V vcc (5A output) for DFplayer. connected speaker is 3W 4ohm.

If I connect speaker directly then I hear a lot of noise and it just dont play any song.(no led turn on)

but if I put potentiometer between the speaker and DFplayer and keep the volume low then it plays the song but if I increase volume after some threshold it restart.

what's wrong how can I solve this problem? I tried with different power supply also tried adding 3300uf Capacitor but no change.

Is the speaker connected differentially between Speaker1 and Speaker2? There should be no speaker connection to ground.

Try connecting a voltmeter, to monitor the actual voltage your Arduino and amplifier have.

Here's a blind guess (blind because I can't see a photo of your wiring)... if you've used those cheap breadboard wires, maybe they're acting a small resistors which limit the current. It's a common problem when people try to built projects using more power, like servo motors and audio amps. That's why I recommend using a voltmeter, connected to the location where you're actually using the power.

DVDdoug:
Is the speaker connected differentially between Speaker1 and Speaker2? There should be no speaker connection to ground.

yes one speaker connected on Speaker 1 and 2 pins. is there any polarity we have to keep in mind when connecting speakers?.

pjrc:
Try connecting a voltmeter, to monitor the actual voltage your Arduino and amplifier have.

Here’s a blind guess (blind because I can’t see a photo of your wiring)… if you’ve used those cheap breadboard wires, maybe they’re acting a small resistors which limit the current. It’s a common problem when people try to built projects using more power, like servo motors and audio amps. That’s why I recommend using a voltmeter, connected to the location where you’re actually using the power.

Yes it is done on breadboard - see this video it explain the problem of song stop playing abruptly.

In the video you will see Arduino Nano connected to Dfplayer and a mosfet to turn it on, there are other componant like ds3231 etc. but I am not using them for this example. but the problem is same even I remove everything and keep only dfplayer and arduino.

you will also see the code in the video its very simple code. I am using mosfet to turn on the dfplayer and then play it.

I welcome any suggestions. by the way I am trying to solder it on proto type board to avoid any loose wiring or loose connection issue.

is there any polarity we have to keep in mind when connecting speakers?.

No.

In my experience this occurs due to either lack of current capacity in the power supply or lack of decoupling capacitors. This is especially true when the currents get big.

http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/De-coupling.html

Grumpy_Mike:
No.

In my experience this occurs due to either lack of current capacity in the power supply or lack of decoupling capacitors. This is especially true when the currents get big.

De-coupling

I am now soldering the circuit on proto board. I will update if it makes any diffrence.