dht.h portInputRegister Error

Hello everyone. I’ve been using the ESP8266 ESP-07 for some time in roles of transmitting temp data from an LM35, PIR triggers, or as a GoPro Remote. I decided instead of using the LM35 to use the DHT22 temp and humidity sensor with the dht.h library. There are any number of examples on the web indicating that this is a pretty straight forward application. Comments to those projects did not indicate any unusual issues.

However, I received the error message below when I first compiled my complete sketch. So, to narrow the problem I reduced my code to only 3 lines:

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include “Gsender.h”
#include <dht.h>

and still received the identical error message. I do not receive this message when using a Uno or Nano board. Having a library error is something I am not familiar with investigating at all. Has anyone seen something like this? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance

ERROR Message Received:

Arduino: 1.8.0 (Windows 7), Board: “Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, 40MHz, DIO, 115200, 512K (64K SPIFFS), ck, Disabled, None”

In file included from C:\Users\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.h:18:0,
from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:30:

C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp: In member function ‘int dht::_readSensor(uint8_t, uint8_t)’:

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\cores\esp8266/Arduino.h:226:63: error: cannot convert ‘volatile uint32_t* {aka volatile unsigned int*}’ to ‘volatile uint8_t* {aka volatile unsigned char*}’ in initialization

#define portInputRegister(port) ((volatile uint32_t*) &GPI)
Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:116:29: note: in expansion of macro ‘portInputRegister’
volatile uint8_t *PIR = portInputRegister(port);
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Never mind...just now noticed that there is more than one library for the DHT series of sensors. Got it working fine now.

how did you fix it please tell me