Did I fry my Arduino???

Hey, I have an Arduino Uno and I've been playing with it a few months now. Last night I accidently touched two wires together in my project and shorted POWER 5v pin to POWER gnd pin. The arduino shut off and turned right back on and appeared to continue to run the code just fine. Then I went to upload an update to the code and it wouldn't work. I got the error messages : avrdude: stk500_getsynk(): not in sync: resp=0X30 and avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51 I tried to do the bounce test but don't think I quite understand... It writes whatever I type in the serial monitor, but it does this even without the arduino jumpered? Is it just bouncing back all the time then? please help, Thanks

Also, I am using windows vista, and it my computer still reconizes when the arduino is plugged in.

It writes whatever I type in the serial monitor, but it does this even without the arduino jumpered?

It sounds to me like you fried the USB to TTL convertor. If you have another board you could try and upload a sketch with "Arduino as ISP". It should work if the ATmega is still alive. You will just have to remember not to use Serial.

Onions.