"Didn't find any si1145" on my monitor ? help me pls

Hi everybody,

I am very new in the arduino world, I am a french 20 student in Mathematics and physics, and I am having problems with my uv sensor (si1145). I am working with an arduino Uno, exactly the same way this man explained is his video : Arduino UV Index Meter - Working with Ultraviolet Light - YouTube Time code : 24m52s.

Unfortunately, when I open my monitor after uploading the code ( which is si1145test ), I have "didn't find any si1145'.
Any ideas why ? I join a photograph of the code in the topic.
Thank you very much for any help you could give me, and thank you for the time you can give me.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

How do you have the Arduino wired to the sensor?

When you ran the I2C scanner program, what was the thingies I2C address?

exactly the same way this man did : time code 24m52 Arduino UV Index Meter - Working with Ultraviolet Light - YouTube

I did not ran the i2c scanner program, I followed this video Arduino UV Index Meter - Working with Ultraviolet Light - YouTube
and ran an example program (si1145test) given in my first message

maybe should I try ? what is the difference between the code I tried and the i2c scanner one ?

An I2C scanner will scan for connected I2C devices on your MCU. That way you can check your wiring connections.

Follow the forum's guidelines on posting code, please.

Yes, in particular do not post text as an image, post it as text.

I’ll try as soon as possible, and get back to you. Thank you very much, and sorry for the code …

Idahowalker:
An I2C scanner will scan for connected I2C devices on your MCU. That way you can check your wiring connections.

Follow the forum’s guidelines on posting code, please.

So I've just ran the i2c scanner program. I have on my monitor : Scanning...
Unknown error at address 0x02
No I2C devices found.

I wired my si1145 exactly the same way the video told me. I have no idea why it does not work.
Besides, I noticed that my si1145 does not stand on its own on the "small pimples" provided. That is to say that if I turn my sensor over completely, my sensor falls off, do you think that's where it comes from ?

Is that possible that my si1145 is faulty ?

thank you for the help you are giving me.

EDIT : when I play a bit with the si1145, I can have : Scanning...
I2C device found at address 0x60 !
done

And my code is working. So, I think that was a false contact with the small pimples that aimed at holding the si1145 on the shield. When I received it, I separated the 6 pimples which created irregular spaces between the pimples, and what created the false contact.

Thank you for your help !! I really appreciated it

Idahowalker:
When you ran the I2C scanner program, what was the thingies I2C address?

So you have not soldered the sensor onto the pimples?

absolutely, this is why it didn’t work. I am obliged to solder them ?

Idahowalker:
So you have not soldered the sensor onto the pimples?

lafatax:
absolutely, this is why it didn't work. I am obliged to solder them ?

I do not think you are legally or morally bound to solder the pins onto the module.

you are right, thx, but it is maybe the reason why my sensor was not detected. I had to play a bit with its position to get a signal.
I'll try to solder them then.

Thank you for your help.

Idahowalker:
I do not think you are legally or morally bound to solder the pins onto the module.

I always solder pins to headers.

Looked inside your computer? How many parts are not soldered onto the board?

Oi!, leave all the electronics in your car unsoldered and hit a bump in the road!!

Is it really a discussion of should the pins be soldered onto a module? You really don’t know?

Oh My Gosh, I apologize for not getting that this was a real question and acting like it was a joke.

Final answer: do the solder thing.

I think your false kindness that you hide behind a heavy and insistent sarcasm will play tricks on you, sir. If you read my comments, you would have known that I am French, that I am 20 years old, and that I study maths and physics, not arduino !

There's no point in gently "making fun" of the incompetence of others in areas that I haven't mastered. I am interested in arduino for a project, I asked you for help with great humility, so please, you don't need to assert your superiority because you helped me, and perhaps because I ask "stupid questions" that are not stupid because I try to learn.

On that note, I thank you very much for your help all the same, and wish you all the best for the future.

Idahowalker:
I always solder pins to headers.

Looked inside your computer? How many parts are not soldered onto the board?

Oi!, leave all the electronics in your car unsoldered and hit a bump in the road!!

Is it really a discussion of should the pins be soldered onto a module? You really don't know?

Oh My Gosh, I apologize for not getting that this was a real question and acting like it was a joke.

Final answer: do the solder thing.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.