Diecimila: stk500_getSync() error

I've gone though and read just about post on the forums and on the web trying to figure out what is wrong. I have an Arduino Diecimila board that I know works, but now I'm installing it on a different Windows XP computer. I'm using the latest drivers off of the FTDI website and I'm using Arduino 0010.

This is the error I get, regardless of the drivers I use (ones that come with 9,10, or the latest version) and both the 0009 and 0010 version of the Arduino software.

Using Port : \.\COM6
Using Programmer : stk500v1
Overriding Baud Rate : 19200
avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done. Thank you.

I'm using the correct COM Port as well as the correct board type, and I've followed the instructions on the www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting site. The LED I place in pin 13 flashes 3 times when I restart, 5 times (three, then two it seems) when I try to upload my program.

Any ideas on where to go next?

crying
-Jerbal

I think the baud rate should be 115200, did you change something?

D

19200 is the right baud rate. If the board works on another computer, I'd suspect that there's some program on the new computer that's interfering with the serial communication. It looks like you're never getting a reply from the board, which sounds like some other program is grabbing the response, or you've got a firewall of some sort blocking it. Any idea what software is running on that computer that's not on the other one?