Differences between Wifi Shield and Wireless SD Shield

Hello, could anybody please let me know the differences between the two? Are they fully compatible with the UNO R3 and Mega 2560 R3? Thanks.

petercohen: Hello, could anybody please let me know the differences between the two? I want both wireless connection and sd card with samples and drivers that could be used straight out of the box. Are they fully compatible with the UNO R3 and Mega 2560 R3? Thanks.

Hello, anybody has the answer?

The Wi-Fi Shield has all the electronics to work a wireless network and uses SPI to talk to the arduino for both SD card & Wi-fi.

A Wireless SD Shield only has the electronics to interface with an SD card and a [u]separate/u plug-in module that could be wi-fi, bluetooth etc. SD card uses SPI and Wireless uses UART (Serial) to talk to Arduino.

Thanks. Am I right that it is a better deal to buy the Wi-Fi Shield as it can do what the Wireless SD Shield can + more.

petercohen: Thanks. Am I right that it is a better deal to buy the Wi-Fi Shield as it can do what the Wireless SD Shield can + more.

This will probably depend on what you want to use the wi-fi for and what your intending on connecting too.