different voltage with analogWrite

Hi Everyone

I have a code for a LED strip and I have used Arduino Uno. As shown in the following code, I used analogWrite to change the brightness level of LED strip. And also I have used a potentiometer to do that end. When I check the voltage of LEDStrip pin, it changes between 0 and 3.2.
My question is that why its maximum voltage is 3.2V and not 5V?

int Potentiometer = A5;
int LEDStrip = 5;
void setup() {
  pinMode(LEDStrip, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  analogWrite(LEDStrip, analogRead(Potentiometer)/4);
}

Note that I use ATMega328p on breadboard as explained in this LINK.

Many thanks
Mahdiyar

Captur1e.PNG

What is the forward voltage drop across the emitter - base junction of the 2N2222? That may point to the answer you need.

steve_mcdonald:
What is the forward voltage drop across the emitter - base junction of the 2N2222? That may point to the answer you need.

Thank you for your reply.
The voltage of VBE = 0.791 Volt. But I dont think that it would be the case since the arduino pin is before the 1K resistor and the voltage of arduino pin would drive the transistor.

Mahdiyar

How is the strip powered? How much current does the strip consume? Are you sure that you are not loading the power supply and pulling the voltage down?

groundFungus:
How is the strip powered? How much current does the strip consume? Are you sure that you are not loading the power supply and pulling the voltage down?

I have attached the schematic on the main post.

Op schematic:
Captur1e.PNG

How to post images. so we don't have to download them.

groundFungus:
Op schematic:
Captur1e.PNG

How to post images. so we don't have to download them.

Thanks