Different ways of moving a motor

Hey forum!!!!

I have just figured out to make my motors move via milliseconds and now I want more ways to move it. Is there a way I can set it up to count RPM's? Any other ways? Thanks!!!!

Tim4tech

tim4tech:
I have just figured out to make my motors move via milliseconds and now I want more ways to move it. Is there a way I can set it up to count RPM's? Any other ways? Thanks!!!!

"move via milliseconds"? Not sure what you mean by that. The way to move it is to give it some voltage and current.

"setting it up to count RPM" is possible, yes, but we would need to know what kind of motor it is, and in some cases it will require more sensors to feed data to the Arduino.

Please post your current code, so we can figure out the answers to your questions and mine.

You need to know what the motor is doing. The best way is with a Quadrature Encoder, but a simple magnet on the shaft and hall effect sensor could be used for rudimentary feedback.

Then you should implement a PID feedback loop to work out the correct PWM values to get the motor to spin at the speed you want.