Difficulty Interfacing "High Accuracy Dual Axis Inclinometer TOY0048"

Hello All,
I am attempting to interface an inclinometer with a UDOO board. I figured I'd start with an UNO, to make things simpler.
I connected it as in the wiki page, but I'm very confused as to how commands should be sent (see wiki)

WIKI PAGE :High_Accuracy_Dual_Axis_Inclinometer_Sensor__Arduino_Gadgeteer_Compatible___SKU_TOY0048_-DFRobot

I've tried loading the following code and sending commands via the Serial Monitor, but I'm just not sure what format they should be in.
Thank you very much for your help

int incomingByte = 0;  

void setup() {
        Serial.begin(9600);    
 }

void loop() {
       if (Serial.available() > 0) {
                incomingByte = Serial.read();
                Serial.println(incomingByte);
        }
}

There is a code on the wiki page, but this is for the chips built in microprocessor. Here are the first few lines - not sure if it's much help.

/*
   Description: 
   When the board is tilt, the direction of the led turning on is contrary to the direction of board.
*/

/*DRDY: 
 CSB:  pin 14
 MOSI: pin 15
 MISO: pin 16
 SCK:  pin 17
 SCL:  pin 28
 SDL:  pin 27
 */

// the sensor communicates using SPI, so include the library:
#include <SPI.h>

/*
MEAS 00000000 Measure mode (normal operation mode after power on)
RWTR 00001000 Read and write temperature data register
RDSR 00001010 Read status register
RLOAD 00001011 Reload NV data to memory output register
STX 00001110 Activate Self test for X-channel
STY 00001111 Activate Self test for Y-channel
RDAX 00010000 Read X-channel acceleration through SPI
RDAY 00010001 Read Y-channel acceleration through SPI
*/

The code on the wiki page is a standard Arduino .ino program file. You are showing only the first few lines. Try using all of the lines, of which there are many.

However, that code is an acutely embarrassing disaster and if it doesn't work properly, you are better off writing your own than trying to fix it.

It does tell you, however, that the device uses SPI ( and not I2c, or analog, or serial, or pulses ).

That's better than no information at all.