Difficulty to code and wire remote custom R/C car with Arduino?

I built the shell of a r/c car and want to know how difficult it would be to code and wire an arduino to control it via a bluetooth smartpphone. The car is a crane and has a total of 5 motors(regular dc not servos). 1 for steering, 1 for driving, 1 for crane rotation, 1 for crane raising/lowering, 1 for crane cable. I currently have an arduino Uno that i recived for free. (Iv never used before). How hard would it be to code and wire this? Is this a relistic project for someone with zero experience in this. My current skills include basics of dc wireing, basic java coding(not really a help), and basic MIT Appinventor coding.

That should be perfectly possible and very straightforward.

I’m not clear from your description if you have the program for the crane working and just want to add Bluetooth to it, or whether you are starting from nothing.

In either case take things in very small steps with short separate programs to learn how to do each element. Only try to build a composite program when you know how to do each part separately.

…R
Planning and Implementing a Program
Serial Input Basics - simple reliable ways to receive data - Bluetooth is just serial-by-wireless.

Robin2: That should be perfectly possible and very straightforward.

I'm not clear from your description if you have the program for the crane working and just want to add Bluetooth to it, or whether you are starting from nothing.

In either case take things in very small steps with short separate programs to learn how to do each element. Only try to build a composite program when you know how to do each part separately.

...R Planning and Implementing a Program Serial Input Basics - simple reliable ways to receive data - Bluetooth is just serial-by-wireless.

Sorry My bad. I have no program at all. Just the Arduino Uno and the shell of the crane. So im starting from nothing. I am aware I will need a bluetooth controller and motor drivers. Im actually having more problems planning this out part wise than worrying about the actual code. Like you said small steps. Dont rush

If space permits you might wish to consider using continuous rotation servos in place of simple DC Motors simply because the servos already have the motor driver built in and just require a single signal connection (plus GND) to the Arduino.

I'm not sure whether this link will be inspirational or deflationary - the former, I hope. No reason why you could not do the same sort of thing with an Arduino and a Bluetooth link.

I have been using nRF24L01+ wireless transceivers to control model trains with an Arduino (actually an Attiny 1634) in the locomotive and another in the control handset. Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

...R

Robin2: If space permits you might wish to consider using continuous rotation servos in place of simple DC Motors simply because the servos already have the motor driver built in and just require a single signal connection (plus GND) to the Arduino.

I'm not sure whether this link will be inspirational or deflationary - the former, I hope. No reason why you could not do the same sort of thing with an Arduino and a Bluetooth link.

I have been using nRF24L01+ wireless transceivers to control model trains with an Arduino (actually an Attiny 1634) in the locomotive and another in the control handset. Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

...R

I never knew such a device existed. Thats honestly a huge game changer in my life. All the times i could have used one... but anyway those would actually wwork but im trying to do this on the cheap. I alrrady had all the motors. Im definitly going to consider purchasing at least a few of those. My space is a little cramped though but ill see. And that link is very inspirational! By no means will mine be that nice, featurfull, or even most likely work, but the must fun is in building it

Many (most ?) cheap regular servos can be converted to continuous rotation if you are not scared about taking them apart. Google should find lots of instructions.

...R