Digital Power Supply LCD Voltmeter/Ammeter/Frequencymeter/time+variable voltage.

Hello everyone
I'm completely new to the Arduino world and it would be great that you guide me with your knowledge in my first project, the objectives of this project are:
-Emulate Features of this power supply for tattoo machines.

It would be something like this: : http://youtu.be/n0O7o_TYt2M

• LCD display of, voltage , intensity, frequency at which are working tattoos machine either coil or motor and a watch for timed the running time of the machine (this is activated by a pedal / pushbutton ).

• Replace the potentiometer to a digital potentiometer(X9C103P) in the stepdown module to vary the voltage using a pair of pushbutton.

some pieces that I have for the power supply: https://38.media.tumblr.com/7df8f5047ab027abd91565ad2d43ae8f/tumblr_naoitetOWo1t1dclgo1_1280.jpg

So far I found information to the voltmeter: http://startingelectronics.com/articles/arduino/measuring-voltage-with-arduino/

But for the Frequency counter, I have nothing even clear how this works, do you have any examples of frequency counters?
And any other information that may help with this project would be great, for example, what other parts or code I going to need? etc. Thanks.

Kind regards.

If you are new you should learn the basics before doing a complex project, else you'll get stuck in something very simple and frequently.
Your project is no easy task.

Learn to control the stuff separately.
Learn about the state-machine theory.
Then bring all together.

mart256:
If you are new you should learn the basics before doing a complex project, else you'll get stuck in something very simple and frequently.

Then bring all together.

Ok, great i´ll check those topics, just Yesterday I bought the arduino components, so they will arrive to my home in 2-3 weeks.
meanwhile I'm with the theory, and reviewing arduino examples in the Proteus simulator .

Volcan:

mart256:

Then bring all together.

Ok, great i´ll check those topics, just Yesterday I bought the arduino components, so they will arrive to my home in 2-3 weeks.
meanwhile I'm with the theory, and reviewing arduino examples in the Proteus simulator .

Yea Proteus is a good idea. By the time Arduino arrives you'll own it. But becareful, simulating allows conection mistakes but in real life one bad conection can produce black smoke and a burnt Arduino.

Ignore the insults , you get used to it.

What you want to do is possible with arduino and fun to learn.

If you want a quick solution consider an elapsed time meter which you just connect to the switched side of the supply.

Edit

That reply is totally ££££££ up for some reason.

What do you need t do.

I cannot think that power is a problem.

Do you need a stab -o-metrer to measure the needle for some reason.