I am required to use Arduino Mega 2560 in conjunction with a DSP course I am taking at my University.
Without going overboard (I currently have 18 credits), I was wondering if anyone could make some good recommendations on what our group should do.
- Sinusoids and Sepctrum Representation
- FIR Filters
- Frequency Response of FIR, Z-Transform
- IIR Filters
- Spectrum Analysis
From the Project Requirements:
- • You need a real-time interrupt to read and write data – this was discussed in class – it can be implemented with a external pin and a waveform generator or as a software interrupt
- • You may need to time the operation of codes – use an external ing an scope
- • You can interface higher resolution A/D and D/A consider using an I2C interface – libraries are available, and chips are available (google)
- • You may also use parallel interfaces singe the Mega has a large amount
- • Be careful of the pins you choose – they are multi function
- Report: Sufficient information to describe what you did. For instance for item 1 below, it must show how data flows, the coefficients of the filter, the code you implemented and the magnitude plot etc. About 5 pages.
- Demonstration: Demonstration about 10-15 minutes on TBD, location to be arranged
- Grading: this will be weighted as a midterm – you need to stack the deck to get a good grade.
- Using an Arduino to implement a frequency nulling filter or IIR filter
- Real time spectrogram (within limits of A/D processing set) using FFt library
- Long data sequence filtering (Add-overaly etc) using FFT
- Touchtone decoder – implement via filters and/or FFT
- Demonstration must allow one to depress a digit 0-9 as well as # * and create the two tone signal then filter and show the correct digit or symbol
• Anything else that demonstrates what was covered in the text and class
• if all else fails go to the text website and find a “lab” that is appropriate from the last few chapters