Digital Temperature Compensation of Strain Gauge Network

I'm trying to come up with a way to digitally compensate/correct the temperature shift/changes of strain gauge networks to improve accuracy and display it to the user.

I'm planning on using an Arduino Uno and some type of a transducer to read the ambient temperature, and the analog output signal of the strain gauge/bridge network, convert it to digital, predict the temperature shift and correct it.

I just need some opinions and advice on where to start and how to implement it?

Thank you.

You will first need to choose a transducer appropriate for your project.

Then, you will need to determine how the transducer parameter changes with temperature. That information may be in the transducer data sheet.

If you use a Wheatstone bridge with four transducers, temperature induced parameter variations can cancel, to a good approximation.

Good read here:

jremington:

Then, you will need to determine how the transducer parameter changes with temperature. That information may be in the transducer data sheet.

If you use a Wheatstone bridge with four transducers, temperature induced parameter variations can cancel, to a good approximation.

jremington:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know there are ways of cancelling temperature drift physically or in the circuit itself, however, my goal is to not do any modifications to a regular resistor/strain-gauge bridge model and to cancel the temperature drift digitally using an Arduino by taking the signal of the network...
My main issue is that I don't know where to start and how to start. :slight_smile:

My main issue is that I don't know where to start and how to start

The procedure was given in reply #1.