Digital Tilt Sensor

I’m thinking about purchasing a digital tilt sensor for my project. I found this one here: DFR0028: DFRobot : Arduino Raspberry Pi Compatible Digital Tilt Sensor : Electromechanical

Since its digital, its either on or off correct? So at what angle or measurement of tilt does it change? I can’t seem to find anything online about how these digital sensors work. Thanks

The sensors work by having a ball baring roll around in a tube. At one end is a pair of wires. When the ball rolls to that end it makes the circuit, otherwise it is open.
They are not so reliable, and there is a large hysteresis on the tilt angle.

Grumpy_Mike:
The sensors work by having a ball baring roll around in a tube. At one end is a pair of wires. When the ball rolls to that end it makes the circuit, otherwise it is open.
They are not so reliable, and there is a large hysteresis on the tilt angle.

So there is a ball rolling even in the sensor I linked? I thought that sensor wasn't as "primitive" as the rolling ball sensors in a metal casing. I was trying to say away from the mercury sensors but so far that seems to be my best bet.

The link to the manual from the link you gave, says it is a mercury switch

JimboZA:
The link to the manual from the link you gave, says it is a mercury switch

Agreed but the picture on the original link looks like it has been changed to a ball switch.