digital travel case - great idea

Sometimes a crowdfunding project is better called crapfunding, but this is one I really like:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bluesmart-world-s-first-smart-connected-carry-on

bet there is an Arduino inside ;)

Your link is screwed. Looks like end is missing.

Looks pretty cool, they’ve done well getting the word out, 774% funded in 4 days. I reckon however it would be using some kind of ARM with bluetooth, GPS, and wifi on chip like my cheapo tablet. Could definitely recreate a similar device with a simple Uno, not to mention Due.

@Riva, the link is all there, the ‘-’ at the end is not part of it ( and after a whitespace ).

Never really saw the need for expensive luggage.
Most airports have a habit of doing damage o losing stuff.
No point in knowing that your luggage is in vancouver when you are in hawaii.

It probably on the tarmac and a lot of lost property places are basicaly a chute going to a skip.
Dumpster for you americans.

Boardburner2: No point in knowing that your luggage is in vancouver when you are in hawaii.

Yeah but if you spent ~$200 on a piece of luggage you'd want to know where it was at all times. ;)

I do wonder if it would help recover lost luggage if you could tell the airline "it took a left turn at Albuquerque". Probably not. That info would likely never get to someone who could do anything about it. Technology can improve a lot of things, but it can't make up for human incompetence and apathy.