Dim&time Control on LED strip

Hello,

I want to start on Arduino with a small projet.
I want to control a one color LED strip with dim control and timer control.
I don't know which Arduino I should buy, how to wire things up, and how to program.

Using :

• 1 on/off switch button
  • 1 dimmer linear potentiometer knob 0-100%
  • 1 duration rotary switch knob 1hour-24hour (or a 3 steps rotary switch 8h 12h 16h)

please help me start on the project.

please help me start on the project.

My advice would be to buy a Uno or a clone. They are well know and are familar to most Arduino users

Once you have the Uno work your way through the examples in the IDE to get to know about the structure of an Arduino sketch (actually a C++ program in disguise). Experiment with the examples. Change things, add things to them

Learn to read a potentiometer using analgRead() and print its value
Learn to control the brightness of an LED using analogWrire()
Combine the programs to read a pot and set the brightness of the LED using the value read
Learn to read a switch input
Learn to use the value read to control the flow of the program
Combine the programs to read a pot, set the brightness of the LED using the value read and change the on time of the LED that starts when the button is pressed

Ask here about any problems that you encounter

many thx for your reply.

Can it be done with a Arduino Nano ? I want to have smallest size possible, in order to 3D print my lamp project.

Smallest size (short of rolling your own PCB) would be a Pro Mini. Get an FTDI cable for easy programming with it.

Skycontrol:
many thx for your reply.

Can it be done with a Arduino Nano ? I want to have smallest size possible, in order to 3D print my lamp project.

Yes, or smaller boards are available as noted above