direct control of bluetooth dimmer

Hi All,

New to forum and to Arduino.

I could not quite find what I am looking for hence this new topic post....

I have tried to receive and decode IR signals with my UNO - All good.

Is there a way to directly from UNO (using a BT shield) to individually control 2 dimmers ?
What I have found seem to use a phone app, which I do not want to do.

I am hoping to acheive the following :

Arduino receives IR code from remote.
Matches IR code in a case (or if) statement.
Sends appropriate command to specific bluetooth dimmer.

What I am not sure of is can a BT shield be paired directly to a dimmer, in fact can it be paired to more than one ? Just want to be pointed in the right direction and I will keep exploring/researching.

Thanks
Dan

What I have found seem to use a phone app, which I do not want to do.

The phone app is running on a phone that has a bluetooth radio built in. If you do not want to have a phone app, that implies that you do not want to have another bluetooth radio. One radio is useless.

What are you REALLY trying to do?

How does using bluetooth have anything to do with controlling a dimmer?

I guess my post was not really clear.

I have a bluetooth shield with a UNO.
I also want to get a Leviton bluetooth dimmer like this one...
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ProductDetail.jsp?partnumber=DDMX1-BLZ&section=76199&minisite=10251

I want to send an IR command to my UNO and based on the command have the bluetooth shield send an ON or OFF command to the Leviton dimmer.

Perhaps I don't understand what a bluetooth shield is. I imagine that it has a radio and the dimmer also has a radio so 2 bluetooth radios should be able to talk to each other.

I imagine that it has a radio and the dimmer also has a radio so 2 bluetooth radios should be able to talk to each other.

If the dimmer is a bluetooth device, and can pair to the one connected to the Arduino, and if you know what to send to the bluetooth shield to have it send to the dimmer, then, yes that could work.