disable reset pin on breadboard arduino

Hi

I have made a breadboard arduino and want to upload the sketch using the FTDI adapter. How do I connect the DTR to reset pin of atmega328p ? Do I have to use a capacitor ? if yes, can I use 22pf capacitors available with me ?

It would be great if somebody can tell me what pins from FTDI will need to connect to corresponding pins on the atmega328p chip.

abhishek2101:
It would be great if somebody can tell me what pins from FTDI will need to connect to corresponding pins on the atmega328p chip.

Arduino On a Beadboard - Uploading Your Sketches | Yuriy's Toys has the connections shown

abhishek2101:
Do I have to use a capacitor ?

yes

abhishek2101:
can I use 22pf capacitors available with me ?

You could try, but probably the value is too far off because you're supposed to use 0.1uF and 22pF=0.000022uF.

so, what value of capacitor is ok? I cannot find a .1uf capacitor ?

Try whatever value you can get that is closest. I'm guessing the value doesn't need to be exactly .1uF. Probably the worst that would happen if the value isn't close enough is the upload won't work or will only work intermittently without a manual reset. I'm sure you can find an online supplier to order .1uF capacitors from. I get mine from Ebay or digikey,