Is there a way to disable the scroll-load of the remaining page/comments? really annoying
this functionality is counter-productive when searching the thread for keywords.
i would be even happy with workarounds or greasemonkey scripts, but couldn't find any on openuserjs.org or greasyfork.org
i would appreciate any hint. thanks.
There may be valid complaints about the new scroll browse system, but I don't think searching is one of them.
- Click in the "Search on Arduino Forum" field at the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter the keywords you want to search for.
- If you get an autocomplete dropdown, press Esc.
- Check the box next to "[ ] Search this topic".
You should now see a list of any search results from the topic that match your keywords. There is also an "options" link that opens up a very nice advanced search page.
I find this a great improvement over needing to do a search in each page of the topic in the old forum.
thanks for the hint, but
also tried that "search this topic" option but it has some issues in a longer thread:
- not easy to jump from one find to next; need to iterate of the search box again
- when you click "More ..." in the drop down then the list gets too long, and won't reach the end until you fully scrolled to the end of the page, which might take ages with the infinite scroll...
- also it seems there is a limit in the listed results
please give a try on this thread as an example and search for "wifi": Waveshare e-paper displays with SPI - #2188 by ZinggJM
nevertheless thanks for the feedback.
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.