Disabling battery on Adafruit Huzzah still drains power

Hi,

I hope that this is the right place to ask this question:
I am using the Adafruit Huzzah for a project and hooked a LiPo battery to the on board JST connector. To disable the battery when I turn off my application I am pulling the EN pin down to GND via a switch.

So far so good.

I have now observed, that the battery is drained far more than expected after a few days without using and charging my system and I am wondering why. I understand, that the EN pin is tied to a pull up resistor and as a result will slowly discharge the battery over time (when not connected to USB).

But when I measured the current it was around 7mA, which is unacceptable for supposedly disabling the battery.

Here is the schematic:

And here more info about the power management on the board:

I don’t know if the battery charger IC or the voltage regulator allow a small current or if there is something entirely else that I am not seeing.
Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,
Nik

Hi Nik,

I'm not sure if this Adafruit forum thread answers your question?: Adafruit customer service forums • View topic - Battery drain when EN pin is grounded.

In summary it turns out that the earlier revision C Huzzah Feather ESP8266 boards have virtually 0mA current consumption when the enable pin is pulled to ground, whereas the later revision E boards drain around 6mA. It's possible to determine the board revision from the silkscreened circled letter under the USB connector.

Yes, that seems to be it.

Thank you, I'll check out that thread.