Display character on LCD using Matlab

Hi,

I have one of these LCD shields connected to an Uno R3, and I wanted to display strings on the LCD using Matlab.

At first, I used Arduino IDE to test my soldering and ran the Example code for the Adafruit RGB Character LCD Shield and Library - it worked well, but my later work on Matlab wasn't that smooth.

I installed Arduino Support from MATLAB, and followed the steps here, but wasn't able to see any strings/backlight appearing on the LCD, nor were there errors.

I was wondering what I might have done wrong, and what I should do in order to achieve this. Attached is a picture of the LCD shield on top of the Uno R3.

Many thanks for the advice and help in advance.

So the first thing you do is to try out the "Hello World" example from the software repository. What did that show?

Specifically, did the backlight come on, and did you see anything at all on the display?

Was this the kit version that you assembled?

installed Arduino Support from MATLAB, and followed the steps here, but wasn't able to see any strings/backlight appearing on the LCD, nor were there errors.

the linked information uses a complete different library than your display.
So if you haven't changed the sketch, it's no wonder that your display is showing nothing.
If you have adopted the sketch, you should post it.