Display from lm8560 clock

Hi! I want to use display from my old lm8560 clock with arduino. And I don't understand how to do it. Here is lm8560 datasheet http://www.paulanders.com/G5-LED/ver1/datablad.pdf Thanks for help!

The display has two cathodes (- side of LEDs) and 14 anodes (+ side of LEDs). You can treat the display as having 2 rows of 14 columns. Use two output pins and two small NPN transistors to switch the two cathodes to Ground and connect the 14 anodes to 14 output pins.

johnwasser: The display has two cathodes (- side of LEDs) and 14 anodes (+ side of LEDs). You can treat the display as having 2 rows of 14 columns. Use two output pins and two small NPN transistors to switch the two cathodes to Ground and connect the 14 anodes to 14 output pins.

Thanks for answer! Is there any driver to reduce the use of arduino pins? I tryed to find one but no luck. I gues I can use some kind of matrix led driver?

If you want to use fewer Arduino pins you can use a 16-bit shift register to control the 16 outputs. That will use only two or three Arduino pins.

Did you ever work this out? I'm trying to do the same. The Display is not marked at all except pin numbers