Display images from SD Card with Teensy

I’m trying to read images from a SD Card in a TFT display (speciffically a ILI9225 based 2" TFT display) using a Teensy 3.6 board and using the SD card reader in the TFT Display board. For test purposes, I used the 3rd example script from this site. I initially used the UTFT, tinyFat and UTFT_tinyFat libraries, although I had to modify them to try and make them compatible with Teensy. The script with the modifications compiles with some warnings about transforming char arrays to Strings but all I get is a blank screen. I know the TFT display works as I succesfully displayed some images stored in the program memory.

Here is the script:

#include <tinyFAT.h>
#include <UTFT.h>
#include <UTFT_tinyFAT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t SmallFont[];

UTFT myGLCD(QD220A, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3);
UTFT_tinyFAT myFiles(&myGLCD);

// List of filenames for pictures to display.
char* files[27] = {"AOA001.RAW", "AOA002.RAW", "AOA003.RAW", "AOA004.RAW", "AOA005.RAW", "AOA006.RAW", "AOA007.RAW", "AOA008.RAW", "AOA009.RAW", "AOA010.RAW", "AOA011.RAW", "AOA012.RAW", "AOA013.RAW", "AOA014.RAW", "AOA015.RAW", "AOA016.RAW", "AOA017.RAW", "AOA018.RAW", "AOA019.RAW", "AOA020.RAW", "AOA021.RAW", "AOA022.RAW", "AOA023.RAW", "AOA024.RAW", "AOA025.RAW", "AOA026.RAW", "AOA027.RAW"}; // 220x176;

int picsize_x, picsize_y;
boolean display_rendertime = false; // Set this to true if you want the rendertime to be displayed after a picture is loaded
boolean display_filename = false; // Set this to false to disable showing of filename

word res;
long sm, em;

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD(PORTRAIT);
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  file.initFAT();
  myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 255);
  myGLCD.setFont(SmallFont);
  picsize_x = myGLCD.getDisplayXSize();
  picsize_y = myGLCD.getDisplayYSize();
}

void loop()
{

for (int i = 0; i < 27; i++)
  {
    if (files[i] != "")
    {
      sm = millis();
      myGLCD.print("File not found...", 0, 0);
      myGLCD.print(files[i], 0, 14);
      res = myFiles.loadBitmap(0, 0, picsize_x, picsize_y, files[i]);
      em = millis();
      if (res != 0)
      {
        if (res == 0x10)
        {
          myGLCD.print("File not found...", 0, 0);
          myGLCD.print(files[i], 0, 14);
        }
        else
        {
          myGLCD.print("ERROR: ", 0, 0);
          myGLCD.printNumI(res, 56, 0);
        }
        delay(3000);
        myGLCD.clrScr();
      }
      else
      {
        if (display_rendertime == true)
        {
          myGLCD.print("Rendertime (secs):", 0, 0);
          myGLCD.printNumF(float((em - sm) / 1000.0), 2, 160, 0);
        }
        if (display_filename == true)
        {
          myGLCD.print(files[i], CENTER, myGLCD.getDisplayYSize() - 12);
        }
        delay(3000);
      }
    }
  }
}

The thing is, I need to be able to display 28 different images depending of the value of an analog variable, and while the algoritm for choosing which image to display is pretty simple, the Teensy 3.6 doesn´t have enough memory to store all 28 images, which is the reason I decided to use a SD card in the first place.

Should I keep trying with this library or is there another one that works well with Teensy 3.6?

Maybe the library TFT_22_ILI9225

The tft_22_ili9225 library is the one I used to show images from PROGMEM and it works as I need. The problem is that the images I need to show are color images and saving all 28 images in PROGMEM is impossible. I don't think it has functions to access .raw files from the microSD but if I'm wrong, an example of that would be appreciated.