display static text with variables on LCD

I want to have static text that never changes on an LCD and plop variables into spaces following the text. For example:
I want the 4-line LCD will display something similar to this: (values shown are examples)
Cyc 4
Car 5
SUV 10
Pup 2

I can post entire code, but the crux of the issue is in the print function :

void printResult(char *szVehicle, int count )
{ Serial.print(szVehicle);
Serial.print (" count: ");
Serial.println (count);
//if (strcmp(VehicleLEDs[0], “Car”) == 0)

lcd.setCursor (0, 0);
lcd.print(szVehicle);
lcd.setCursor (6,0);
lcd.print(count);

The print to monitor works exactly as I want it to because the println advances to the next line. The LCD version displays the two variables (szVehicle) and (count), over-writing the previous entry. This is why I wanted static text on the LCD (Cyc, Car, etc) and just plop in the count values. I have tried multiple ways to effect this: concantenation, strcmp, nothing works. I tried comparing szVehicle to a string but szVehicle comes from an array (via Struct).

I attached a screen print of the monitor results showing how the szVehicle variable changes and gets counted. Any ideas to get me one step further?

Cyc   4
Car   5
SUV  10
Pup  2

In setup() print the fixed text at the required positions in the LCD using setCursor(row, col) then in loop() do the same with the varying values

Taking advantage of the fact that the third character in each character array you are passing in is different
you can change the LCD row(y-axis) grap that char and use it to set the row. and as last poster
said you can set the text elsewhere in setup or at startif you want. What LCD and LCD library are you using?

/*
Cyc   4
Car   5
SUV  10
Pup  2
*/
void printResult(char *szVehicle, int count )
{ 
  char choice;
  uint8_t row;
  Serial.print(szVehicle);
  Serial.print ("   count:  ");
  Serial.println (count);

choice = szVehicle[2]
;
  switch (choice)
  {
    case 'c': row = 0;break;
    case 'r': row = 1;break;
    case 'V': row = 2;break;
    case 'p': row = 3;break;  
  }

lcd.setCursor (0, row);
  lcd.print(szVehicle);
  lcd.setCursor (6,row);
  lcd.print(count);

}

Thanks typematrix, for the code. I cut and paste and it worked first time, exactly what I wanted.

MORE IMPORTANT, I learned a new way of doing things, eg finding the 3 character in an array and using that with logic to solve the problem. So thanks for that...always trying to improve so I can someday be a contributor instead of a leech!!