Displaying Arduino readings on environment different than the IDE Serial monitor

Hello everyone, I have been working on a project (senior design project) that consist of using the arduino nano 3.1 to communicate with an Omron magnetic card reader
and up to know, I have been able to make the Arduino read all the information I need from the credit card. However, it only works on the arduino's software and what I need is
to display that information on a web application that I am using on my ipad ( or any other tablet). But I have not been able to retrieve that info on another environment besides the serial monitor that comes with the Arduino's software :frowning: . PLEASEE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE, IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL FOR MANY of us that are working with this Magnetic stripe project!

Thank you in advance,

redness.

CROSSPOSTING!!

Please remove this thread as you allready asked this question in another thread.. (one thread saves time for everyone)

Thank you,

But I posted it on the wrong subforum! -.-

But I posted it on the wrong subforum! -.-

If you ask a moderator to move it to the correct forum, that will happen, and pretty quickly. They are generally quite on the ball.

However, it only works on the arduino's software

What other software would you expect it to work on? I doubt that you could write any code in Objective C, for instance, that would read the OMRON whatever.

But I have not been able to retrieve that info on another environment besides the serial monitor that comes with the Arduino's software

You need to make the Arduino push the info. Nothing can pull data from the Arduino.

PLEASEE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE, IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL FOR MANY of us that are working with this Magnetic stripe project!

Read this, then come back.