displaying normal images in the nokia 5110 lcd ?

hello guys

i just bought the nokia5110 lcd display and it works fine , with showing

shapes ( circles - recrangles - lines ........etc ) , but i was wondering can i show normal images (not

graphical shapes ) with this display? or it will be realy hard ?

You can show 48 X 84 monochrome bitmaps on that display. Search for "arduino nokia 5110 bitmap tutorial".

there is no such tuturial for converting normal images like this one below to a data array

and the LCD assistant software didnt work .
it seems its only working with a whit photo with black shapes.

You would have to reduce that image to a 84x48 pixel bitmap (.bmp) file before the LCD assistant can do anything with it. You have found no tutorials to display that sort of image to a 5110 because it is not possible.

ahmed44:
there is no such tuturial for converting normal images like this one below to a data array

And for good reason. Why on earth would you want to display an image like that on a 48x84 Nokia screen?
You are asking too much.

You'd end up with this

first thank you guys.

groundFungus:
You would have to reduce that image to a 84x48 pixel bitmap (.bmp) file before the LCD assistant can do anything with it. You have found no tutorials to display that sort of image to a 5110 because it is not possible.

but i saw tutorial for displaying videos on it , so i assumed displaying images would be possible also.

groundFungus:

the image i posted obviously was an example , i know i already resized it to 84x48 but the LCD assistant
output was all 0x00 data array (nothing ), i found atutorial for videos as i mentind so photos would be much easier

LCD assistant worked just fine for me and my 5110. Follow the instructions.

Nick_Pyner:
And for good reason. Why on earth would you want to display an image like that on a 48x84 Nokia screen?
You are asking too much.

becouse the lcd acttualy can , i saw it display videos !?

INTP:
You'd end up with this

thats exactly what i want , but the LCD assistand didn't give me a valid output.

INTP:
LCD assistant worked just fine for me and my 5110. Follow the instructions.

the instructions ! you mean :

resize it for 84x48
save it as bit map
LCD assistant

but i already tried that , should i convert my image to black and white becouse i did !
and didnt work.