Distance measurement with minimal accuracy

Hey, guys! Before 1 month i started an idea and now i'm researching for more information, but i didn't found a solution.. I need to measure max distance, about 4/5 m with minimum accuracy and small area or to find variation on X and Y axises, if someone have idea i want to share it here. :) (sorry for my bad English)

Distance from what to what?

Define "minimal accuracy".

"minimum accuracy"? "small area"? "variation on X and Y axis" of what?

What do you actually want to do?

"Minimum accuracy" means very low accuracy. I think you mean "high accuracy". Google "decaWave", "bespoon" and "Pozyx" for the UWB technology that looks to be able to do this (I'm not sure its mature or cheap yet - anyone used this kind of device?)

Sorry, for those things, i mean how can i get distance from something to a wall (big object), and X,Y axis i mean to get width and height on one area, maybe with GPS module, and minimal accuracy (wrong) i mean high accuracy

Its a hard problem. Using multiple IR cameras and IR beacons on the moving objects can work well (for instance its been successful in drone-swarm research), but it involves CV and some decent processing power.

The UWB time-of-flight techniques I refered to above seem to be the way of the future for position triangulation indoors (GPS obviously doesn't work). Triangulation requires multiple base stations (at least 3, 4 gives 3D position).

You have to provide numbers. How high is high? How small is small? These have very different meanings for different applications, and in turn for what sensors may work.

LIDAR-Lite

Sorry, for those things, i mean how can i get distance from something to a wall (big object),

Something is equipped with an infra red laser distance meter. It points to the wall and gets a reading.

and X,Y axis i mean to get width and height on one area, maybe with GPS module, and minimal accuracy (wrong) i mean high accuracy

If you still want the area (wall) measured from distance, you need a theodolite. You point your theodolite and your IR laser to the four corners of the area, assuming the area is a rectangle. You use the distance reading from the IR laser and the angle readings from the theodolite. From all that you calculate the area, using high school maths. Theoretically you need only three corners, but measuring the fourth corner, you get better accuracy.

Of course, the theodolite can be replaced with your own tilting mechanism, which holds the distance sensor. You should be able to read angles from the tilting mechanism. And the laser beam could preferably be visible to get it aimed at the corners.

Lets we say the object is square flat surface big and my idea is to get x and y position of one point not flat point i can draw it

Johan_Ha: you need a theodolite.

Nothing's new though: the Tellurometer is 60years old, branded commercially by Plessey. That was the first non-optical survey instrument I ever used, c1975.

but small device i need

i mean how can i get distance from something to a wall (big object), and X,Y axis i mean to get width and height on one area, maybe with GPS module, and minimal accuracy (wrong) i mean high accuracy

Measure 4-5 meters indoors to a wall? Use a measuring tape. Or buy a laser measuring tape. The more expensive ones are more accurate and can measure longer distances.

There are GPS based measuring devices specifically designed to measure land area for outdoor use. Use google.

To get an X / Y point don't you first have to define the zero axes? I.e. it's got to be distances X and Y FROM somewhere.

Steve

tedo3637: Lets we say the object is square flat surface big and my idea is to get x and y position of one point not flat point i can draw it

We can cope with bad English. But we can't cope with bad punctuation. Don't you use punctuation in your own language? If you know your English is bad, it's almost arrogant to not care for proper punctuation and yet ask for help.