DIY ANT+ sensor compatible with Garmin 910xt

Hi, I'm new with arduino. I want to build a temperature sensor (like this) or a cadence (like this)sensor with arduino to send the data to my garmin device.

Someone has done this or can guide my a little how to start ?

Thanks.

The wireless temp sensor is easy:

Materials: - Arduino Nano - Dallas one-wire temp sensor - 4.7K resistor - HC-05 bluetooth module

With these you can measure the temp and send it via bluetooth to a phone or another Arduino (connected to a second HC-05)

As for the cadence sensor, you might want to use a magnet and hall effect sensor. Put the magnet on the rim of your bike and have the hall effect sensor stationary, but to where the magnet passes the sensor closely when the wheel turns. You can use data from the hall effect sensor to tell how fast your wheel is turning, thus how fast you are traveling.

antoniovj1: to send the data to my garmin device.

What device are you using? Please link to the Garmin product.

Power_Broker: The wireless temp sensor is easy:

Materials: - Arduino Nano - Dallas one-wire temp sensor - 4.7K resistor - HC-05 bluetooth module

With these you can measure the temp and send it via bluetooth to a phone or another Arduino (connected to a second HC-05)

As for the cadence sensor, you might want to use a magnet and hall effect sensor. Put the magnet on the rim of your bike and have the hall effect sensor stationary, but to where the magnet passes the sensor closely when the wheel turns. You can use data from the hall effect sensor to tell how fast your wheel is turning, thus how fast you are traveling.

What device are you using? Please link to the Garmin product.

Thanks a lot for the response. I'm using a garmin 910xt so I don't have bluetooth, only ANT+. Garmin 910xt

That's too bad, I don't know anything about ANT+. Maybe someone else here does.

Good luck!

How did you go with your ant+ cadence project I am interested in trying this.

I am working on solving this exact issue, I hope to have a release done in the next 2-3 months that will support this feature and make this very easy for arduino users. Right now my library only works as being display device, not a monitor.

See https://github.com/cujomalainey/antplus-arduino

That good cujomalainey hope to here of your progress so i may get back to that project.

@KenB001, what profile are you looking for? I can do that one first and you can give me some feedback on the API.

I wonder which Arduino Is supposed to be used ti Haven Ant+ support on top of this i wonder if FE-C is supported by the library Thanks Dario

@Darior

No FE profiles are supported currently, but you are also not the first person to ask. I am considering prioritizing it once I am done my driver refactor. See [1] for the most up to date status of the profiles.

https://github.com/cujomalainey/antplus-arduino/wiki/Profile-Support