DIY Hydropneumatic suspension control.

Good day dear community.

This is my first ever topic in the forum and I hope I have chosen the correct category.

My intention is to build a simple suspension control unit based on Arduino as I plan to retrofit the hydropneumatic suspension of a 2010 Citroen C5 X7 into my 2012 Peugeot 508 RXH HYbrid4, however I do not want to fiddle with the electronics of the car. The suspension itself is a direct replacement, as both the 2012 Peugeot 508 and 2010 Citroen C5 use the exact same chassis and axles.

The basic idea is based on the hydropneumatic suspension of the 1986-1995 Peugeot 405 4x4, which uses a hydropneumatic rear axle from Citroen BX 4x4 with an electrical hydraulic pump and electrical automatic leveling. It uses 1 ride height sensor connected to the middle of the sway bar and adjusts the level of the car when it gets (un)loaded. It checks for any deviation in the ride height every 40 seconds and raises or lowers the car to maintain constant ground clearance.

The setup I want to build should be able to monitor 1 ride height sensor per axle (connected to the middle part of the front and rear sway bars) and operate a total of 4 relays - 2 for each axle. One relay activates the hydraulic pump of the given axle and the other relay - the relief valve. This means the Arduino should output 5V for the reference pin of the two sensors, have 2 input signals (from each ride height sensor) and 4 outputs to control the 12V relays. The sensors have 3 pins - GND, 5V input, output.

It would be great to be able to have 3 different ride height options - normal, low and high.

I am very good at auto mechanics and electrics, however I`m completely new to programming, therefore I would greatly appreciate any help provided. Are there any shields that provide 12V relay control? What basic programming codes should I start looking up in order to learn the basics regarding my task?

I apologize for the long post and if it is not correctly categorized.

Best regards,

Dino.