DLD

hey,

can anyone please help me out? perplexed to see this paper. i have attached the Question.i’m new here, please be gentle to answer my question i require some assistance.
i’m totally lost.

Capture.PNG

@tmalik's Capture.PNG:
Capture.PNG

Sounds pretty straightforward to me, but it's not really needing a microcontroller. In fact, the text requires a logic circuit to do the job. My first thought is a few diodes and logic gates, but I don't think that anyone else should be doing your homework.

E(E)PROM would do it! :grinning:

Or - dead easy - a 74HC4067. :astonished:

Notice the error in the question?

Paul__B:
Notice the error in the question?

I thought it might be pedantic for me to point it out!

Sometimes with these 'will you do my homework?' questions I am tempted to post a deliberately wrong answer....

tmalik:
can anyone please help me out?

Certainly; Which way did you come in?

tmalik

As you have probably worked out the folk here do not like being asked to do homework for students. How do you expect to learn anything if you just get someone else to do it for you? I could have solved your question when I was 12, and no one taught me other than myself and some books I found in the school library.

I've spent the last 15 minutes wondering if I can be bothered to devise a way over-complicated way of solving your homework: something that would work but which you would not understand and which, when you try to explain it to your tutor, would make it obvious that someone else had done it for you. Please, learn the subject and do your own home work, or if this subject does not interest you choose a course that does.

Another point is that your tutor would not be impressed. I have been a teacher myself (in a prison but that's OT!) and I would have been far more impressed with a student who came to me with hands up and said " I really don't understand this, would you mind running through it with me again please?", than one who tried to cheat. Most of good education (in my opinion) is not purely drumming facts into a student, but teaching them HOW to find information that they need, whatever it is.

Problem solving is THE skill to learn.

At least the OP can be comfortable, with a question like this, it's not as likely that the professor is monitoring the forum.

PerryBebbington:
I could have solved your question when I was 12, and no one taught me other than myself and some books I found in the school library.

Hang on! Did they have digital logic then?

Valves?

I've already given him/ her a perfectly good answer. :grinning:

Start with this cct. modify as needed.

Paul__B:
Hang on! Did they have digital logic then?

Valves?

I've already given him/ her a perfectly good answer. :grinning:

Cheeky **** ! ! ! ! !

I remember being fascinated by a book on Boolean algebra I found in the school library. I was 12 in 1973. I believe George Boole devised the algebra that bears his name long before then ! ! ! ! !

To the OP, if you are still reading this, look for information about Boolean algebra, your question can be solved with it.

K-mapping means Karnaugh mapping.

aarg:
K-mapping means Karnaugh mapping.

I vaguely remember something called that, I don't think I found it useful.

PerryBebbington:
I vaguely remember something called that, I don’t think I found it useful.

No, doesn’t look intuitive to me either! :cold_sweat: