Do F() Macro work with Altsoftserial print ??

hi ,

I am using Arduino uno and i am running out of SRAM. I came through F() Macro but it saved memory for Serial.println() and with software serial object.

But most of my code use Altsoftserial libraray object and there i do not see any SRAM memory change if i use F() macro in print.

Please let me know if F() macro can be used with altSoftserial or not ??

Thanks in advance.

You've got the source of this library - why don't you look at it?

AWOL: You've got the source of this library - why don't you look at it?

Thanks for quick response. I used F() macro with altsoftwareserial object but it doesn't make any change in free memory of SRAM that's why I have this query.

Looking for help in understanding the potential solution.

I used F() macro with altsoftwareserial object but it doesn't make any change in free memory of SRAM that's why I have this query.

If you didn't get a compilation error, then the library supports the F() macro.

I don't have that library, but I'm guessing it inherits from Stream, which inherits from Print.

Looking for help in understanding the potential solution.

Well, we are looking for your code. This IS the programming section of the forum. One of the expectations we have, clearly stated in the stickies at the top of the forum, is that you WILL post code.

Hi

I tested F() macro with altsoftserial library instance and it work fine.

ssomnath678: Hi

I tested F() macro with altsoftserial library instance and it work fine.

So, in this unposted code, are you asking why the RAM usage does not go down? How about posting the code, and your tests which show the before and after of using the F macro?

Let me explain how your post comes across:

"Hey guys, I made a thing, I'll call it A, and if I change a thingy on it (B) to be (C) then D happens."

None of which tells us anything.

sp."Hey guys, I made a thing, I'll call it A, and if I change a thingy on it (B) to be (F) then D happens."