Do I need a resistor for these nixie tubes?

I am using this power supply to power my IN-14 Nixies. Do I still need a resistor on the anode of the Nixie if the power supply is already providing the correct voltage? They work fine without it but then after reading a few articles mentioning the need for a resistor I realized it may still be necessary... Is it?

Thanks

Ok. So although I have the correct voltage, I need to limit the current? How do I choose a value of resistor? I only see info on calculating for LEDs.

the need for a resistor I realized it may still be necessary... Is it?

Yes, what happens with a gas discharge tube is that it takes a certain voltage to strike it, or get the discharge going but after that the resistance drops dramatically almost like a short circuit. Therefore you need a resistor to limit the current. These tend to be quite high in modern terms, but they must be low enough to provide enough current to keep the discharge going.
You need to know the discharge current range from the data sheet to calculate it.

The "rated current" is "2.5mA (0.3mA for DPs)" But that's the only info I can find. Is that what I'm looking for or do I need to keep searching?

So set the resistor value such that you get 2.5mA flowing if the tube was a short circuit. That is r= Vanode / 2.5 .10-3

So for 170v I'm wanting 68Kohm? does that sound correct?

Yes that's what I make it as well, it should be fine.

Thank you