Do I need a shield for small brush motor for drone

I am trying to build small drone and want to use arduino nano and small motor like this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M7TX4KS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1VCJ11DLIX7DF&psc=1

How should I connect it to arduino? Do I need a shield?

Without knowing the voltage and maximum current specs for the motor, I can't advise.

No you don't need a shield but you do need a MOSFET (or other transistor) per motor plus a few other components. And some code.

Steve

Those motors are tiny. I have several quads (commercially built) that use them.
You will not have much weight allowance with those.
All of your components (battery, mpu, arduino, FETs, wires, frame) will very likely add up to more weight that the 4 motors can lift.

If your goal is to experiment with some relatively cheap hardware, rock on! We will be glad to help.

If your goal is to make a flyable drone, I think you should consider bigger motor/props that will give you more room on the weight allowance.

These coreless slotless brushed motors typically are designed for 3.7V LiPo supply, 1 to 2A per motor, 60,000rpm unloaded.

Put a prop on one and measure the current draw at 3.7V.

PWM them using a surface mount FET of 100 milliohms or less. PWM frequency should be quite high. A
surface mount schottky diode can serve as the free-wheel diode, but they may be OK with just capacitive
snubbing.

Every gram of weight costs you dearly in such a setup, so SMT and very thin pcb is a requirement, not a
"nice to have". This means in practice getting a board with IMU and Arduino clone and MOSFETs on one small 1mm thick PCB, add tiny LiPo battery and carbon fibre frame...

You'll need to calculate the mass budget once you know the thrust per motor, this will tell you whats
remotely feasible. Assume you want the motors to be running at 50% of max thrust during hover so
they have enough headroom to retain control authority during manoeuvering.

The goal for this first drone project, is just to lift the device in the air and test software that will stabilize it. So it will be considered as a success if I can lift it for few feet and keep it relatively stable.

Also could you recommend a good resource where I can learn how to calculate drone parameters and select appropriate hardware and details?

Also I noticed that some articles use PWM pin and some use Analog pins to control motors with mofset.

Is there any advantage in one of the approaches? how do I select proper mofset. Is it just based on the voltage and current I want to use with my motor?

some articles use PWM pin and some use Analog pins

PWM in Arduino uses the analogWrite() function. The (misnamed) analog output pins are the same as the PWM pins.

afedorov:
Also I noticed that some articles use PWM pin and some use Analog pins to control motors with mofset.

Is there any advantage in one of the approaches? how do I select proper mofset. Is it just based on the voltage and current I want to use with my motor?

Motors are always controlled with PWM, never analog.