Do I need to use any Instru ampf for hall sensor placed 10 mts apart from mega?

Hello, Greetings!

I am working on a project where I need to connect hall effect sensor to my arduino Mega. The hall sensor I am using is this one

the sensor will be placed apart from my mega by 10 mtrs. My question is Do I need to use any Instrumentation amplifier in between to boost the signal coming from hall sensor or I can directly connect the hall sensor to analog pin of my mega irrespective of the distance betweeen them? If I should use any instrumentation amplifier in between these two can you suggest me a suitable one?

Thanks in advance

A digital sensor does not normally require much circuitry, a cap can be used to suppress noise on the line.

For analog sensors you need a line driver, e.g. the industry standard 20mA current loop.

Hi,
Which sensor, you post has not got a picture or a link to it.
What is its part number?
Is its output digital, that is 5V or 0V, or analog, that is a varying voltage from 0 to 5V depending on sensor input.?

Tom... :slight_smile:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/allegro-microsystems/A1104LUA-T/620-1547-ND/1005919

You're attaching a digital Hall effect switch to an analog input. You need to use an analog Hall effect sensor instead (assuming you actually need analog input, but you haven't given project details...).

Thanks for wonderful suggestions and help guys! But unfortunately my client gave up the idea of using hall sensor itself and now we will be just using limit switches for it. So I will keep in mind all the suggestions that you guys shared. Thanks a lot for helping me out. :slight_smile:

More free consulting services from the forum!

Paul

Count:
Thanks for wonderful suggestions and help guys! But unfortunately my client gave up the idea of using hall sensor itself and now we will be just using limit switches for it. So I will keep in mind all the suggestions that you guys shared. Thanks a lot for helping me out. :slight_smile:

Do you understand that you didn't buy an analog magnetic field sensor, you bought a digital magnetic field switch?

I picture a blind man leading one who is blind and deaf.