Do not follow Simple Audio Player example - DAC0 now non-functional on DUE

Hi, before I destroy my DAC, there is something I don't understand, how can a board source a negative intensity? Is it because we are supposed to use our speaker tied to the DAC and 3.3V?

The example is still the same. One more fried DAC0. I emailed support. Please change this example.

DukeResonant: The example is still the same. One more fried DAC0. I emailed support. Please change this example.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SimpleAudioPlayer It ONLY shows how to use an LM386 amplifier, and clearly says "Warning: do not connect the speaker directly to the pins of the Arduino Due."

This is the source I found, not your link

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/AudioBegin

ALL instances of this must be changed. I don;t know where your link came from. This is where I found the code. Also, assuming that someone is using the IDE from a computer that is not connected to the internet, the link you posted is not available to them. Only thing available is a comment in the example code that reads: "connect speaker to DAC0.

Offer to replace one board, offer to replace any board damaged by this example. Some "community" you represent.

I, too, followed the above linked example and connected the speaker to DAC0, where it did not produce a sound. I then, without modifying the sound, connected it to DAC1 where it did (albeit faintly and for some time), despite the code referencing DAC0. In this case, could it simply be that DAC0 is not being driven at all?

Either that or I have also fried my DAC0.

But that example code says

*Audio amplifier circuit with speaker attached to DAC0

Where does it say connect the speaker directly?
Unless you took that to mean the speaker was connected to the DAC0 in which case what did you think the amplifier was doing?

Clearly I'm missing something here. Where does it say to connect a speaker to the output pin? The code says:

**Audio amplifier circuit with speaker* attached to DAC0

(my emphasis)

It would appear someone may have interpreted that as:

Audio amplifier circuit with **speaker attached to DAC0*

But if so, where does the amplifier come into it? Put aside on the bench?

Is there another link that I am unaware of? One that says "connect your speaker to the output pin"?

DukeResonant: Only thing available is a comment in the example code that reads: "connect speaker to DAC0.

No, it doesn't. Not on the page I can see.

It says:

*Audio amplifier circuit with speaker attached to DAC0

If you are viewing a different page please provide a link to it.

Have I stumbled on another issue? Please assist:

http://forum.arduino.cc//index.php?topic=193753.msg1431198#msg1431198

Cheers, Courtney

Currently i am working on RTC based music player.If i chose TMRpcm library then my RTC does not work perfectly,i think I2c and SPI conflict with each other and TMRpcm works under timer section.

If i chose separate section then how to communicate with each other.If i chose I2c based communication then One arduino will be worked under RTC and other arduino board will be worked under SPI SD card reader and play music.So, please help me this section.So, i will complete my project.

Hi,

I am no programmer or electrical anything. I am a music teacher trying to make a musical toy prototype.

And yes, I also think I fried my DAC0.