Do you like the new forum?

That's why I was originally asking for a "Mark all as read" button. That way, I can scroll through the 'Latest' list, clicking on those I'm interested in and ignoring those I'm not. Then, when I'm finished I can "Mark all as read", such that they all go grey. Then, when I return, I can see straight away which ones are new or have updates since I last looked, because they will have turned black.

Does that make sense?

don't like the new style 100%, because the frame edges between posts are not visible on my screen. the contrast is not big enough.
please edit the color to get better contrast.

You also have THEMES in your personal preferences that can be helpful

yes, have seen the themes before the post. there are only 4 choices. at the end only light and dark with or without contrast. in every case i'm not satisfied with result.

1 Like

I agree. i've never played with them so did so now. Dark modes seem to be a little better but I'm not (and will never be) in a dark mood :smiley:

I went black and I won't :rofl: go back

2 Likes

Who cares about the opinion of Apple user ? Who cares about Apple users at all ? Seriously i even learned calculus through Windows. You have 5 windows open, you close 2 how many are still open ? (ok it may not be quite as easy as with apples..)

Don't even allow apples users to have my wifi password and the wife knows if she buys apple devices she is on her own for tech support.
Any way in answer to the Q....Nobody but snapple users with a ton of cash to throw down the drain. :rofl:

I’m a Linux and apple guy only, reluctantly run windows in VM…

If nobody were buying their products, they wouldn’t be at more than 2T$ in the stock market… there are more than 1 billion apple devices in use…(getting software update if I remember well the last communication).

Yeah, But Apple has the monopoly on anyone who wants to make software for their phones. That is why most BLE things that need apps are only for android. Super annoying.

Until exist kids that cry because schoolmates bully and joke them for not have an iphone, and parents that buy them one instead to teach them to ignore stupid peoples that bully and joke other peoples for a similar stupid reason, there will be always a market for bited apple items :rofl:

(I, persoally, don't want one of their devices even if they gift it to me, and no, this is not a joke, i'm serious about that)

There is nothing stupid about a great UX built on top if Unix and not selling your personal data.

Anyway, be happy with what you have and I’ll stay very happy with what I have.

Please read my post a bit better, thanks ... "stupid" in my post is referred to peoples that bully and joke other peoples just because they have not buyed an apple product.

What’s your source and documentation on bullying kids? I have doubts this is adding up to one billion even if there might be anecdotal cases…

Truth is there is a market for easy to use and aesthetically pleasing devices with an OS that is not stealing and reselling your personal data to random advertisers…

Anyway not the place for such a discussion, everyone is free to get what s/he prefers.

How to edit theme colors for better contrast?

1 Like

That would be a very nice touch for some users.

Some embedded links into the OLD OLD forum (Forum 2005-2010) do not work correctly.
This post Increase baudrate in serial transmission over IR
contains a link in the format https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,10555.0.html

It surely worked at the time it was created, that is less than a year ago. It no longer works. However, if you alter the link by hand to the previous format: Serial comm using IR - Interfacing - Arduino Forum you get a result.

I guess the old forum did an "on the fly" conversion of such links from the OLD OLD forum.
I think this could be important because old links into the forum on external sites could be affected.

This topic is too long for me to check if this has been answered already: Where are the colors?
I liked to present additions in blue, and essentials in RED

Is the main problem (and the main bug) of this script ... oh, wait, in micro$oft and other similar evil entities, these bugs are usually called "features" ... :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Colour box has gone so now you have to code in the colours by hand (markup markdown etc.)

That one was certainly a step back.