Do you think there will be a delay when communicating between this and my Due?

I am wanting to purchase THIS in order to relay a signal from my arduino to controlling some mosfets. Do you guys think there will be any delay in transmitting? I need the relay to be instantaneous. Thanks!

Why do you need anything to relay your signal? Nothing happens instantly. Their will be a delay of about 10uS between input and output, depending on how you code it. Is that really important, I would have thought not.

Because I can't figure the NewPing library. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I cant figure out how to get my HCSR04 to make an LED blink without any delays. :(

In what way do you want to make it blink? The HCSR04 takes an age to make a measurement, but once it does where are the delays coming from? Have you seen the blink without delay sketch in the IDE?

Grumpy_Mike:
In what way do you want to make it blink? The HCSR04 takes an age to make a measurement, but once it does where are the delays coming from? Have you seen the blink without delay sketch in the IDE?

Well I’m trying to do:

I’ll abbreviate some things:

MinimumRange
MidRange
MaxRange

If < MinRange : LED Off
If > MinRange & < MidRange : LED Flashes
If > MidRange & < MaxRange: LED Glows solid
If > MaxTange : LED Off

If I program these with the basic ultrasonic sensor sketch that’s available out there, won’t the delay from the sensors interfere with the flashing of the LED?

ALSO, thanks for helping. I’ve been trying to figure out the newping library for a while and have had no luck.

won’t the delay from the sensors interfere with the flashing of the LED?

Well this is if you use a simplistic blocking code to read the sensors.

The only case where you have a blinking LED is:-
If > MinRange & < MidRange : LED Flashes
That could be done in an interrupt function, or even an external NE555. There is no need for a second processor. Also I don’t see what this has to do with the original question or the thread’s title.

Further to the blink without delay, the technique is explained more fully :-
See my
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/State_Machine.html
Or Robin2’s several things at once