documentation on ATmega328

I just bought an ATmega328, there was no paperwork with it. I've been looking for what goes with it , quick start guide etc and I don't know which thing (s) I should download. I downloaded a quick start guide, but its for the Butterfly. I'm totally new at this, and would appreciate sme help. Rick Hock rickhock@rocketmail.com

A ATmega328 is a processor chip made by Atmel, cost around $5. Is that what you bought or some Arduino microcontroller board or some 'Arduino clone' manufactures model? So what did you actually buy?

Arduino has a home page with lots of information including a getting started guide:

http://www.arduino.cc/

Lefty

What I actually bought was the Arduino project kit ATmega328. I saw different things, software, etc. I downloaded the 0017, I think that was right. I downloaded a quickstart guide (the only one I saw). but that was for the arduino butterfly.

Download a copy of "The Complete Beginners Guide to the Arduino" from Earthshine Design and have a ball with your new toy!

Download a copy of "The Complete Beginners Guide to the Arduino" from Earthshine Design and have a ball with your new toy!

Seconded. That's really helped me out.

[edit]Oooo, we both have Barcode avatars haha.[/edit]

Oooo, we both have Barcode avatars haha.

Oh? I hadn't noticed. ;)

[derail]

If i print those out and scan them, will they be correct (i will do it!)

[/derail]

It depends on what kind of a scanner you have. The catch phrase with barcodes is, "Standards? Sure, we've got hundreds of them!" :D

IIRC, I went with the GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128) because it supports upper and lower case letters, and it gave a fairly square shaped result.

[edit]Apologies to jcrick. We're just having "fun in the forum." It's that kind of a group around here sometimes. :)[/edit]

Apologies to jcrick. We're just having "fun in the forum." It's that kind of a group around here sometimes.

And we wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

Lefty