Does anyone have experience with Inverse Kinematics? (programming)

Hello. I am current building a 6-axis robotic arm out of 7 servos, a servo shield and an arduino uno r3. My servo shield is this 16 channel I2C interface one.

The servos (here) have take about 500mA each exclude for the two small towerpro mg90s that I'm using for the claw. This totals about 2800 - 3000 mA for the 5v circuit.

In order to control this arm, I'm developing a replica of the arm out of wood where the pivot points have 50k potentiometers.

Thus comes the reason for my post. I do not have any real experience with inverse kinematics, and I was wondering what the proper way to interface the replica controller w/ potentiometers is. I did some research and found this base code (here).

I have a basic to intermediate understanding of arduino programming, but really need help with this due to the math involved.

This is the robot arm design I am closely following arm). And this is the vision for the controller (controller).

If you've got a replica of the arm with a pot in each joint then you don't need any kinematics since you already know the exact position of each joint. There's nothing there to calculate. Just read the pot, map that to an angle, and write the angle to the servo.

Ah, I see. But other than that, how can I define the base height to have the arm mindful of when it would hit the horizontal surface it is on? This can be seen in the kinematics code linked.

If you have the model and the arm is just replicating the movements of the model then it would be when the model touches the surface.

If you just want to be able to calculate the xyz position of the manipulator from the joints that's just normal trigonometry. It's just a bunch of triangles. You'll need Pythagorean theorem and the sin, cos, and tan functions and their inverses.