But what error codes or messages are you getting ?
Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
- Your OS and version can be valuable information, please include it along with extra security you are using.
- Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
- Use quote or add error messages as an attachment NOT a picture.
- How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks @Robin2 )
- Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
- Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
- Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
- Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can
- Ensure you have FULLY inserted the USB cables.
- Check you have a COMMON GROUND where required. ( Thanks @Perry)
- Where possible use USB 2.0 ports or a USB 2.0 POWERED HUB to rule out USB 3.0 issues.
- Try other computers where possible.
- Try other USB leads where possible.
- You may not have the correct driver installed. CH340/341 or CP2102
- There may be a problem with the board check or remove your wiring first.
- Remove any items connected to pins 0 and 1.
- Close any other serial programs before opening the IDE.
- Ensure you turn off any additional security / antivirus just to test.
- There may be a problem with the PC try RESTARTING it.
- You may be selecting the wrong COM port.
- Avoid cloud/network based installations where possible OR ensure your Network/Cloud software is RUNNING.
- Clear your browsers CACHE.
- Close the IDE before using any other serial programs.
- Preferably install IDE’s as ADMINISTRATOR or your OS equivalent
ARDUINO SPECIFIC BOARDS
- CH340/341 based clones do not report useful information to the “get board info” button.
- NANO (Old Types) some require you to use the OLD BOOTLOADER option.
- NANO (ALL Types) See the specific sections lower in the forum.
- NANO (NEW Types) Install your board CORE’s.
- Unless using EXTERNAL PROGRAMMERS please leave the IDE selection at default “AVRISP mkII”.
- Boards using a MICRO usb connector need a cable that is both DATA and CHARGE. Many are CHARGE ONLY.
CREATE editor install locations.
- On macOs ~/Applications/ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1/ArduinoCreateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/config.ini
- On Linux ~/ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1/config.ini
- On Windows C:\Users[your user]\AppData\Roaming\ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1
Performing the above actions may help resolve your problem without further help.
Language problem ?
Try a language closer to your native language:
- 中文 (Chinese)
- Deutsch - German
- Español - Spanish
- Français - French
- অসমীয়া, বাংলা, बड़ो - India
- Italiano - Italian
- Nederlands - Dutch
- Portugues - Portuguese
- Россия - Russia
- Scandinavia Swedish, Suomi - Finnish, Norsk - Norwegian
Thanks to all those who helped and added to this list.